Best Inflatable Kayak
If you love water adventures, but don’t have enough space to keep a kayak. No worries, inflatable kayaks are here to solve your problem. As the name suggests, you can inflate and deflate them according to your requirements. Due to this flexibility, inflatable kayaks can fit even in the smallest places. There are many inflatable kayaks available in the market and online stores. But they vary quality-wise.
Many people don’t consider inflatable kayaks to be safe for water adventures, but this is truly a myth. Inflatable kayaks are different from rigid or hard-shell kayaks, yet they exhibit equivalent features. They are more flexible, customizable, comfortable, and buoyant as compared to hard-shell kayaks, provided that you choose the right one. With the modernization of technology, inflatable kayaks are becoming more popular due to their versatile nature.
Kayaking can be experienced at its best with the best quality kayak that is safe. Keeping your safety in mind we have created a list of the 9 best kayaks along with the advantages and disadvantages of buying them. We have explained all the features of a good and safe kayak along with the buying guide that will help you to choose the right one.
Advantages of Inflatable Kayak
Everything has its good and bad side, just like that there are many advantages and disadvantages of using a kayak. Before purchasing a kayak, it’s better to analyze both the sides of inflatable kayak. This analysis will help you in making a better choice.
- Easy Storage: The top-most benefit of an inflatable kayak is that it doesn’t require a large space for storage. You can fit it even in the smallest spaces by de-assembling and deflating them.
- Portable: Another advantage of using an inflatable kayak is portability. You don’t need to worry about carrying a kayak, rather you can easily carry it in your car while going out for a water adventure.
- Light-Weight: Despite being lightweight (around 25 to 30 pounds), inflatable kayaks are capable of carrying a weight up to 600 pounds.
- Comfortable: Inflatable kayaks are easily customizable according to your preferences. People of all age groups can comfortably enjoy the water adventures with inflatable kayaks. Kayaking using an inflatable kayak is preferable for fishing and exploring rivers, lakes, etc.
- Durable and Stable: High-quality kayaks are puncture-free and durable. They have air-filled tubes that make them more stable and buoyant in the water.
- Cost-Effective: Inflatable kayaks are cost-effective as compared to hard-shell kayaks. They are the best choice for a water sports lover because of their budget-friendly nature. Water adventures are fun with inflatable and easily portable kayaks.
- Maintenance: Inflatable kayaks don’t require large maintenance costs as compared to hard-shell kayaks. They don’t need much effort and repair if used properly and carefully. They generally come with a repair kit for emergency cases.
- Control: Inflatable kayaks don’t provide much control in strong winds and unfavorable water currents. They are not suitable for rough kayaking with strong winds and unfavorable water currents.
- Inflating: Either you are inflating manually or with a motor-powered pump, it requires a lot of time to inflate every single part of the kayak.
- Deflating: While deflating you need to make sure to clean every inch of the kayak properly because even small residues can cause the formation of mildews on the rubber surface, which can damage your kayak.
Features of Inflatable Kayak
Inflatable kayaks should have the following features from a safety point of view:
Kayaks are made of PVC and strong rubbers for higher durability. The perfect inflatable kayak should be made with drop stitch technology. This maintains the stability and durability of your inflatable kayak. It is also helpful for making the kayak weigh less and requires less energy for paddling.
Valves are required for inflating and deflating quickly and conveniently. Different brands use different types of valves. No matter what the size and type of the valve are, you must always take care that it is reliable and has air locking capacity for safe water recreation.
The seat is the most important feature of an inflatable kayak. The comfort of a kayak completely depends on the seats. Kayaks come with either 1 or 2 seats for comfortable and leisurely water adventure. Adjustable and comfortable seats are necessary for a fun-filled day of paddling.
Pumps are a requirement in your kayak kit. They are very useful for inflating your kayak. Some people prefer electronic pumps and some prefer manual pumps. Either manual or electrical, a pump is essential for inflatable kayaks.
Inflatable kayaks can incorporate excess water. For this reason, some inflatable kayaks come with a self-bailing system to remove excess water from the boat. Some kayaks have drainage plugs that you can open while deflating to get rid of excess water stored on the boat.
A paddle is one of the basic requirements for a kayaking experience. Kayaks come with paddles included with them. However, you can upgrade your paddles as per your preference to enhance your experience of water adventure.
It is a removable small fin that you can fit at the bottom of your kayak. A tracking fin is very beneficial for kayaking in rough water. It helps in propelling the kayak faster without forcing extra energy.
Inflatable kayaks generally come with some additional accessories like removable seats for comfort and flexibility. Some of the essential extras that you should look for are given below:
- Carry Bags: It is one of the most essential accessories. A carry bag makes the storage and transportation of an inflatable kayak more convenient. You can simply deflate and de-assemble your inflatable kayak and store it safely in the carry bag when you are not using it.
- Carry Handle: It is another important accessory that helps you to carry your kayak to and from the water with ease. These handles are available either on both sides of the kayak or any one side.
- Cooler Bags: They are very important when you are planning kayak fishing. You can store your fish in these bags easily.
Do’s and Don’ts While Kayaking
Kayaking trips are extremely adventurous and fun-filled. But if you are a beginner, we have listed some of the common do’s and don’ts that you should keep in mind while kayaking. These do’s and don’ts will help enhance your kayaking experience. Don’t forget to read them before going for any water adventure.
Do’s of Inflatable Kayaking
- Being a beginner, never go kayaking alone. Always take a water buddy along with you.
- Always keep your repair kit while stepping into the water.
- Load your kayak evenly, to avoid the boat from sinking due to extra weight on one side.
- Always carry an extra set of clothes to cope with any kind of weather.
- Make sure that your inflated kayak is filled with enough amount of air.
- Check whether there’s any leakage or not, before stepping into the water.
- Always carry either a hat or a cap to protect your head and face from direct sunlight.
- Make sure that you don’t go too far from the shore.
- Carry a water bottle of fresh drinking water along with you to stay hydrated all day long.
- Apply sunscreen before stepping out, to protect your skin from sunburns.
- Always make sure to wear a life jacket before stepping into the water.
Don’ts of Inflatable Kayaking
- Don’t force your inflatable kayak near a rocky area. Although inflatable kayaks are made of hard and sturdy material to avoid punctures, still you should be extra careful.
- Don’t carry alcoholic drinks with you while kayaking. They can cause severe dehydration.
- Don’t swap places with your kayaking partner in the middle of your trip.
- Always remember to never leave your kayak unattended at the shore.
- Don’t panic if you see a large wave coming toward you. Keep calm and face the wave to get out of it.
- Don’t exceed the weight capacity of your inflatable kayak. Because it may cause great damage and is also incorporated with risks while kayaking in the rough water.
Inflatable kayaks are becoming more and more popular with each passing day because of their versatility and advancement in technology. But choosing the right kayak for a safe and fun-filled water adventure is equally important. Here, we have gathered some of the points that you need to consider while purchasing an inflatable kayak:
When choosing the right inflatable kayak, the material is the first thing that you should check. Generally, inflatable kayaks are made of puncture-free material, still, it is very necessary to check and research the quality and durability of the material.
If you choose a kayak made with high-quality material and designed through modern and durable techniques, there are fairly no chances of punctures. The following materials provide the puncture-free and light-weight inflatable kayaks:
PVC: Polyvinyl chloride is one of the most used materials used for making inflatable kayaks. It is not eco-friendly; however, it still provides the ease of maintaining the kayak at a low cost. It is a lightweight material, which makes it easier to store and carry.
Nitrylon: Nitrylon is heavier and exhibits more puncture resistance as compared to PVC. It is a perfect combination of nitrile rubber and fiber. It is eco-friendly and is used for making the bottom and sides of the kayak. This material is very reliable in terms of stability and durability.
Hypalon: It is the latest technology material used for manufacturing inflatable kayaks. Kayaks made from Hypalon are expensive and more durable. It exhibits UV rays resistance along with being puncture-free.
Weight is another important factor that needs to be considered before purchasing an inflatable kayak. Inflatables have an average weight of 25-30 pounds. They are relatively lighter to make their transportation easier.
It is necessary to check the durability of an inflatable kayak before purchasing it. Durability mainly depends on two factors i.e., material and design of manufacturing. Your inflatable kayak should be tough and durable. Drop-stitch technology is the most durable and stable method of constructing an inflatable kayak.
Kayaking is a recreational activity that can reduce your all-week-long work stress. For a better kayaking experience, your inflatable kayak should have comfortable seats. So that you can enjoy your kayak trip and water adventure to the fullest.
The length of an inflatable kayak is an important factor that decides the speed and maneuverability of a kayak. The larger the length of the kayak, the faster the speed. On the other hand, the smaller the length, the greater the maneuverability. If you are a beginner, you should opt for a kayak that is smaller in length, as it helps in easy movements. However, the ideal length of an inflatable kayak is generally 10-12 feet.
Inflatable offer a lot of advantages over hard-shell kayaks, but they require more maintenance comparatively. You should always remember the following points of maintenance of an inflatable kayak:
- Always deflate and pack your inflatable kayak after properly cleaning and drying it. Any residue can lead to severe damage to your kayak.
- Although inflatable kayaks are puncture-proof, you should always carry a repair kit along with you.
Inflatable kayaks require deep cleaning and drying after the trip. Make sure to choose a kayak that is easy to clean and has drainage valves to remove excess water easily. Kayaks with a self-bailing system are the best choice.
Proper set-up of oars, seats, paddles, etc. is necessary for a great kayaking experience. The proper setup offers you comfort so that you can easily enjoy your trip. Make sure to inflate it properly before stepping into the water, it might take some time but it is worth it.
Always choose the kayak that is easy to set up and comes with proper and high-quality accessories like tracking fin, paddles, pump, etc. You should be able to inflate and deflate your kayak easily after each kayaking trip.
Speed and Control
Speed and control are equally important when considering an inflatable kayak to buy. You should always opt for a kayak that has easy controls and handling options. Generally, it is harder to paddle and keep moving in a straight-line direction with an inflatable kayak as compared to a hard-shell kayak.
In this case, a detachable skeg fin can be a better option for you. Some inflatable kayaks come with a tracking fin and some don’t. It usually depends on the cost of the kayak.
Types of Water Adventure
This is the most important factor to consider while choosing an inflatable kayak. There are different types of kayaks available in the market, with different designs and manufacturing techniques. The perfect choice of an inflatable kayak depends on the type of recreational activity you are involved in.
- If you are a beginner or looking for light recreational activity, then entry-level inflatable kayaks are the best choice for you. They are suitable for people who are looking for a low-budget kayak. The price range of these kayaks lies between $100 and $250. They are not much durable, as they are made of thin and single PVC sheets. But they can provide you with the best beginner’s experience at cheap rates.
- If you are experienced and are looking for something for your heavy recreational activities, then you should opt for white water rafting kayaks. They are available in a price range between $300 and $700. They have an extra covering of fabric over PVC that protects them from damage caused due to harmful UV rays.
- Lastly, if you are a water adventure lover, then high-end inflatable kayaks are the best option for you. These kayaks are the best choice in terms of durability, stability, and design. They provide the best kayaking experience along with safety. These kayaks are suitable for experienced kayakers. They are much more expensive than the other two categories. Their price range starts from $800 and can go as high as you want.
9 Best Inflatable Kayaks
Now, that you have read about the advantages of inflatable kayaks over hard-shell kayaks, you have reasons to purchase them. We have listed the top 9 inflatable kayaks that will improve your kayaking experience. We have created this list after complete research on the kayaks manufactured by different brands, their performance, their pros and cons, customer reviews, etc. It will help you in selecting the most suitable inflatable kayak for your fun-filled recreational activities.
Intex is the leading brand in manufacturing the best and most affordable inflatable kayaks. Its Challenger K1 inflatable kayak is one of the best choices for the fun-filled beginners’ experience. It offers more value at affordable rates. Its complete kit allows you to go on an immediate kayaking tour.
- Capacity: 1 Person
- Size: 108” X 30”
- Weight: 28.4 Pounds
- Loading Capacity: 220 Pounds
- Material: PVC
Being a lightweight kayak, you can easily carry it for your light recreational activities on weekends. It comes with a carry bag and all other necessary kayak accessories like a pump, detachable skeg, paddles, and repairing kit. It has different air chambers that allow you to reach the shore safely. Its air chambers have Boston valves making them easy and quick to inflate. It comes with a small pump and needs numerous strokes to completely inflate. It has an adjustable seat with a backrest and seat cushion for a comfortable kayaking experience.
Intex challenger K1 is the best option for exploring calm waters. A similar model named Intex Challenger K2 also comes with a 2-person capacity.
Intex Challenger K1 Inflatable Kayak
- Comes with complete accessories
- Provides great beginner’s experience
- It has a cargo net that offers great storage space
- Light material gets warm on sunny days making your kayaking uncomfortable
- Its small size makes it hard to adjust the tall people
- A very short warranty period of 90 days
It is a large and latest addition to the range of inflatable kayaks from Intex. It is a tandem kayak made for 2 persons and has all the traits of a fishing kayak. It comes with two fishing rod holders. It is manufactured with the latest technology making it stand out from the crowd.
- Capacity: 2 Person
- Size:151” X 37”
- Weight: 37.4 Pounds
- Loading Capacity: 400 Pounds
- Material: Polyester Fabric coated with PVC
It has a multi-chamber system that makes it more stable and prevents it from sinking even if there’s a leakage. Its large size makes it spacious for a solo paddling experience. Its double-bladed paddle is uniquely designed with 5 pieces making it more stable. It comes with a large carry along with different kayaking accessories like:
- Valve Key
- Small Pump
- Double-Bladed Paddle
- Repair Kit
- Separate detachable skeg for shallow and deep waters
- Fishing Rod Holders
- Inflatable Seat Pad
- Foot Rest
Intex Excursion Pro Kayak
- Complete set with additional accessories at a low price
- Easy to assemble and dismantle
- More stable for short paddling trips in calm waters
- More spacious with a large carry bag
- Great for fishing
- A perfect combination of running speed and stability
- Not suitable for heavy water adventures
- Not durable in rough waters
- Not suitable for tall people
- Offers no protection against water splashes and small waves
Advanced Elements Advanced Frame is one of the best tandem inflatable kayaks. It is the most common choice of experienced kayakers. It is made from high-quality PVC tarpaulin and manufactured with the latest drop-stitch technology.
- Capacity: 2 Person
- Size: 15’ X 32”
- Weight: 52 Pounds
- Loading Capacity: 550 Pounds
- Material: PVC Tarpaulin
It is manufactured with three layers of high-quality PVC tarpaulin making it extremely puncture-free and durable. It comes with different accessories, each accessory having its own significance. Its design makes it comfortable to handle high water pressure and increases its buoyancy and rigidity. Moreover, it is very comfortable for different water adventures and all-day-long trips.
Advanced Elements Advanced Frame
- It is easily convertible and hence can be used for solo trips also
- Comes with paddle holders at the sides
- Can handle challenging weather conditions
- It is very durable and stable
- Great for flatwater adventures
- Offers a fun-filled kayaking experience
- Reliable and portable
- Not suitable for roug
- Takes longer than usual to clean and dry due to its 3-layer mechanism
- Offers no protection against water splashes and small waves (if not inflated properly)
Advanced Elements Expedition Elite is made with the latest drop-stitch technology to provide high durability and stability. Its great performance can compete with the performance of a hard-shell kayak.
- Capacity: 1 Person
- Size:13’ X 32”
- Weight: 44.5 Pounds
- Loading Capacity:450 Pounds
- Material:PVC Tarpaulin coated with 1000-Denier Polyester Fabric
It is a great performer in all types of water bodies. It provides great comfort for long excursions and kayaking trips. It comes with bungee cords to provide storage options for the essential elements that want to carry along. It is very spacious with some space under the deck to store dry bags.
Advanced Elements Expedition Elite
- inflated with a few strokes of the pump
- Suitable for all types of water bodies
- Perfect for the beginner as well as advanced level kayaking
- You can easily carry your dry bags stored inside the deck
- Prone to water splashes
- Takes a longer time to dry
It is one of the most popular additions to the range of inflatable kayaks by Sea Eagle. It offers both a single and tandem kayaking experience. It is highly versatile offering a wide variety of functionality like kayaking, rowboat, sailboat, powerboat, etc. as per the preferences.
- Capacity: 2 Person
- Size: 12.5’ X 40”
- Weight: 40 Pounds
- Loading Capacity: 750 Pounds
- Material: 1100 Decitex Reinforced
It is highly customizable with stability and durability. It comes with various features like bungee cords, high-quality valves, etc. to provide a high level of comfort during long kayaking trips. It includes multiple accessories for easy customizations:
- Adjustable Paddles
- Adjustable Seats
- Stow Bags
- Foot Pump
- Tracking Skeg
- Carry Bag
- Repair Kit
- Motor with Motor Mount
- Quickrow Kit
Sea Eagle Inflatable 380X Explorer
- Offers great versatility, stability, rigidity, and durability
- Easy to set up
- Slow speed in
It is a 2-person tandem kayak suitable for all types of recreational activities. It is used in different water bodies like rivers, lakes, streams, etc. Its specially designed body with 840D Nylon coated oxford fabric and high-quality PVC tarpaulin that makes it durable and rigid. It is a great portable kayak that is ready to float in the water within a couple of minutes.
- Capacity: 2 Person
- Size:10’ X 35”
- Weight:27 Pounds
- Loading Capacity: 450 Pounds
- Material: 840D Nylon coated oxford fabric and high-quality PVC tarpaulin
Driftsun Voyager 2 is a comfortable inflatable kayak for all-day-long recreational activities. It is puncture-proof and provides many additional advantages with its accessories. It is a complete kayaking kit and you don’t require to spend an extra amount on purchasing different kayaking accessories. It provides a great kayaking experience in different water bodies. It is designed with the latest technology to enhance your kayaking experience.
Driftsun Voyager 2
- Its EVA foam seats are extremely comfortable for long kayaking trips
- Complete kit eliminates the need for extra expenditure
- Suitable for all types of water adventures
- Offers high durability and stability
- Not suitable for beginners
- Highly expensive
- Takes a long time to clean and dry
Intex Explorer K2 is a much more reliable model of inflatable kayaks from Intex. It is made from rugged PVC making it more durable for a great kayaking experience. It is highly affordable and lightweight for beginners to feel comfortable. It is a tandem inflatable kayak with space for two kayakers.
- Capacity: 2 Person
- Size:123” X 36”
- Weight:35 Pounds
- Loading Capacity: 400 Pounds
- Material: Rugged Vinyl
It comes with a large carry bag and different accessories for different purposes. It is a complete kit that is affordable and eliminates the need for external and extra purchases. It has an I-beam floor providing it more stability to handle unfavorable weather conditions. It has a detachable tracking fin that is very helpful for maintaining the straight-line direction. It is greatly designed in such a way that it provides ultimate comfort to the kayakers with handles provided at the side in case you lose your control and balance.
- Can handle unfavorable weather conditions
- Adjustable and removable seats are extremely comfortable
- Stable and durable
- Easy to assemble
- Perfect choice for different recreational activities
- Not suitable for large and rough water bodies
- Not suitable for heavy water adventures
Sea Eagle is another most common manufacturing brand of inflatable kayaks. It offers a large variety of great, stable, and durable inflatable kayaks. One such great inflatable kayak is Sea Eagle 370 Deluxe. It is made from molded plastic that provides high resistance to saltwater and bright sunlight.
- Capacity:3 Person
- Size: 7’ X 34”
- Weight: 32 Pounds
- Loading Capacity: 650 Pounds
- Material: Molded Plastic
It is suitable for recreational family trips. You can even take your pets along with you in this comfortable and stable inflatable kayak. It can carry essential elements and it is a great choice for spending time with family. It is highly puncture-proof and is more stable in quiet and calm water bodies.
Sea Eagle 370 Deluxe
- Great for family recreational activities
- Suitable for calm water bodies
- Highly durable
- Easy to inflate and assemble
- Easy to propel because it is lightweight
- Not suitable for windy weather con
- Not stable in large water bodies
- Not suitable for heavy water adventures
This model of the inflatable kayak from Advanced Elements provides a great kayaking experience for both beginners and middle-level kayakers. Its rigid quality provides equal benefits as provided by the hard-shell kayaks. Its rigidity comes from 600-Denier Polyester used for its manufacturing and Twistlock and Spring valves make it easier to inflate and deflate in a couple of minutes.
- Capacity: 1 Person
- Size: 94.5” X 34.6”
- Weight: 16 Pounds
- Loading Capacity: 250 Pounds
- Material: 600-Denier Polyester
It comes with molded rubber-grip handles and a bungee cord to provide a better kayaking experience. It is a relatively small inflatable kayak with a risk of tipping in unfavorable water conditions.
Advanced Elements FireFly
- Its bungee cord allows you to carry your essentials
- Great for weekend recreations
- Offers great stability, rigidity, and durability
- Very small and offers the least loading capacity
- Not suitable for heavy water adventures
- Not suitable for unfavorable weather conditions
Question: Why should I choose an inflatable over a hard-shell kayak?
Answer: The top-most advantage of an inflatable kayak is that it is easily portable and requires less storage space. They are less expensive and lightweight compared to a hard-shell kayak. They are more customizable and comfortable. Based on so many advantages of inflatable kayaks, they outweigh the need of purchasing a hard-shell kayak.
Question: Are inflatable kayaks safe?
Answer: The safety of an inflatable kayak depends on the quality of material used for its manufacturing. High-quality kayaks are safe for kayaking and exploring rivers, lakes, ponds, etc. They are puncture-free, stable, and durable. The stability of kayaks depends on their structure. For example, inflatable kayaks with higher sides and flat and wide bottoms are more stable.
Inflatable kayaks are no less than hard-shell kayaks in terms of stability and durability.
Question: What are the best techniques for storing an inflatable kayak?
Answer: Many people struggle with the best tips and tricks to store an inflatable kayak to avoid cracks and prevent it from damaging. The following tips for storing an inflatable kayak help prevent it from damaging:
- You can either keep your kayak inflated or deflated, as per your choice. Inflated kayaks are less likely to be attacked by rodents. On the other hand, storing the deflated kayaks requires less space.
- Always ensure to clean and dry your kayak before deflating it. Remove any dust, oil, salt, etc. before packing it, as they can badly damage the rubber of your inflatable kayak.
- Another important tip that you need to remember while storing your kayak is that you should never store it in an area prone to direct sunlight. Make sure to store it in a cool and dry place to prevent the formation of mildew on its surface.
Question: What is the durability of inflatable kayaks?
Answer: Inflatable kayaks exhibit high durability; they don’t need any repair easily. They are made of high-quality PVC, which doesn’t puncture easily. If you store and use them with proper care and maintenance, they can last up to 5-10 years.
Question: What does deflated kayak mean?
Answer: Deflating is the first symptom of leakage. However, deflating doesn’t always mean leakage but you need to be careful. Because they are made in a way that they don’t get punctured easily. They are made of high-quality PVC.
For leakage make sure to check every corner of the kayak in the water. If there’s any hole, you will notice small bubbles. Always remember that you should never go too far from the shore while checking leakage.
Question: What are the techniques involved while cleaning an inflatable kayak?
Answer: You need to take care of the following things while cleaning an inflatable kayak:
- Make sure to wipe it upside down, so that water stored even in the smallest places can fall out.
- Use an absorbent towel to wipe it, so that it can absorb the excess water.
- Before packing it, ensure to let it dry in the direct sunlight for as long as possible.
- Always make sure to not use any bleach, solvent, ammonia, etc. while cleaning your kayak. These cleaning products have chemicals that can destroy or damage the quality of your kayak, resulting in cracks.
- Rather than using these chemical-based products, you can opt for a plain soap to clean your kayak. However, there are many kayak cleaners available in the market.
Note: It is necessary to clean and remove all the excess water from the kayak before packing it, as any residues can lead to the formation of mildews on the rubber surface.
Question: What is the cost of inflatable kayaks?
Answer: The price of inflatable kayaks can vary anywhere between $100 to $3000. The cost varies depending upon the quality of the material used and the size of the kayak. A $100 kayak can never provide the comfort and flexibility that a $3000 kayak can provide. So, always choose according to the quality and not the price tag.
Question: Which is better – paddle-based kayak or pedal-based kayak?
Answer: The type of kayak depends on your preference. But in a paddle-based kayak, you require more energy to propel the kayak in the forward direction. On the other hand, pedal-based kayaks are more comfortable and convenient, because they have pedals mounted inside the kayak. Comparatively, pedal-based kayaks are costlier than paddle-based kayaks.
Question: What are some tips and tricks for inflatable kayaking beginners?
Answer: Some quick tips and tricks for inflatable kayaking beginners are mentioned below:
- Double-check all the required stuff before stepping into the water.
- Learn the technical strokes of paddling to ensure a safe return from the water.
- Don’t go alone.
- Choose a high-quality inflatable kayak.
- Check weather conditions before stepping into the water.
- Try to go with the flow of water.
- Don’t go too far in the beginning.
- Try to gain proper control in the calm water bodies before stepping into the rough water.
Comparison Table of Inflatable Kayak
|Kayak Model||Length||Width||Weight||Weight Capacity||Number of Seats||Storage||Tracking||Material||Brand|
|Intex Challenger K1||108 in||30 in||28.4 lbs||220 lbs||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Intex|
|Intex Excursion Pro||151 in||37 in||37.4 lbs||400 lbs||2||Cargo net||Detachable skeg||PVC coated polyester||Intex|
|Advanced Elements AdvancedFrame||180 in||32 in||52 lbs||550 lbs||2||Paddle holders||Built-in aluminum ribs||PVC tarpaulin||Advanced Elements|
|Advanced Elements Expedition Elite||156 in||32 in||44.5 lbs||450 lbs||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Advanced Elements|
|Sea Eagle 380X Explorer||150 in||40 in||40 lbs||750 lbs||2||Stow bags||Tracking skeg||Reinforced fabric||Sea Eagle|
|Driftsun Voyager 2||120 in||35 in||27 lbs||450 lbs||2||Bungee cords||Removable fin||PVC tarpaulin & nylon||Driftsun
We hope that this article gave you enough knowledge about kayaking with inflatables. Moreover, it also gives information about all the pros and cons of different inflatable kayaks making it easier for you to choose the best inflatable kayak according to your preferences and budget.
Our list consists of options from lower-budget kayaks to the best inflatable kayaks for different water adventures. Hope you enjoyed reading the article and got the answers to all your questions regarding inflatable kayaks.